PDA

View Full Version : Devils hand Q

ajcut7
02/08/2007, 12:57 PM
I got a large devils hand leather, yellow if it matters, about 5 weeks back. It only really opened its polyps once in the first week and has since not fully extracted them. I went to move it last week thinking it might be happier somewhere else in the tank but it has started to attach to my rock already and I did not want to stress it anymore than neccessary. It is producing waste, or at least collecting waste over its body and it seems to get larger and smaller daily showing that it is very much alive, and the polyps occasionally try to peek out it seems. What should I do? I have to test my water as its been a few weeks but last readings were all 0 and salinity is 1.025 ish and calcium was around 450 if memory serves. I have a bunch of other leathers that are very healthy and dendro's that I have had for four months that are doing well. My lighting is 3x175 MH and 4x96 PC. The devils hand is getting a fair bit of light and is in the upper half of the tank.

Thanks
Anthony

albie611
02/08/2007, 04:07 PM
med to strong flow but not directly at it ..... it just might be using its energy to attach itsself........they are fairly tough and will be fine as long as the water parameters are good..........(keep nitrates low.)