PDA

View Full Version : Current AquaChef Autofeeder

mattyb327
02/08/2007, 05:01 PM
Anyone have one of these know the secret to get it to work when programmed? I followed the insructions and cannot get it to go off at set time? Thought I would ask you guys before I contact Current. Thanks, mattyb327 :confused:

Herbie
02/08/2007, 05:12 PM
I have one, and yes I remember there was a trick to it. I cant remember what it was though. I will dig up the directions and let you know. Make sure the manual button works first, so you know the batt is good. I couldnt get it to work at first, then I followed the directions *step by step* and saw that I had missed something.........but i cant remember what it was now! Try going over the directions one more time and see what you come up with, until I can find the directions.
Its a very good auto feeder btw..........Mine works flawlessly!
Later..........Herbie

mattyb327
02/09/2007, 06:31 PM
It seems like a good feeder. I just wish I could get it to work!!!
Thanks very much for the response!!

Herbie
02/09/2007, 07:14 PM
O.K., I just dug up the directions. My dad just got one and he couldnt get his to work either.........untill I programed it for him. The directions can be tricky.

First.........Set the clock. Thats easy, but remember its in military time! 24 hr clock, so there is no confusion of feeding times!

Make sure it feeds with the manual button,to see if drum turns!

To set the feed time..........
1- push mode and 00:00 will blink on 1 setting (or 2,3 and4 if you keep pressing mode)
2- push set button and hrs will blink
3- push adjust to set Hr of feeding
4- push mode again and minutes will blink
5- push adjust to set minutes of feeding
6- push mode to set #1 feeding indicator
7- push adjust once for a single feeding.............screen will show "1 and a down arrow" indicating a single feeding
push adjust twice and the screen will show "1 and 2 down arrows" indicating a double feeding
8- IMPORTANT.........when you are done press SET to finish the #1 feeding program
It should work at this point. To double check after you are done programing..........press the "mode" button numerous times to scroll through all 4 feeding intervals. It should scroll through the Time, and 4 feeding times. It wont dump food at all unless the feeding numbers are accented by either 1 or 2 downward arrows.

For instance, mine is set like this (as you scroll through with the mode button).
1- set time (in 24hr clock timing.......military)
2- 1 with 1 down arrow at 14:00 (2:00pm)
3- 2 with 1 down arrow at 20:00 (8:00pm)
4- 3 ........nothing just indicates 00:00
5- 4.........nothing just indicates 00:00
6- back to set time.........
I have mine to feed at 2 and 8 pm, single feeding. Nothing at # 3 and 4 settings.........thats why mine reads 00:00.

Adjust the "food door" for the desired feeding amount......... your done!
Should work after all this is done........

Good luck, let me know if you need any more help, and if this worked for you!
Later..........Herbie

mattyb327
02/09/2007, 08:13 PM
Ok, I think I'm seeing what the problem was. My instructions say to set time but makes no mention of the down arrow. After following what your directions I have it set. I'm gonna let it cycle through on it's own and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks so much for the help!!!!

mattyb327
02/11/2007, 07:54 AM
Herbie, Just wanted to say thanks. Got it all set up and it worked perfectly!! Thanks SO Much!!!!!!!!!!!

Herbie
02/12/2007, 06:54 AM
Your welcome!
Yea, the directions can be a little confusing. Glad you got it going, good luck.........
Later...........Herbie