PDA

View Full Version : 6025 running backwards, not voltage

jezzeaepi
02/08/2007, 07:30 PM
So my brand spankin new 6025 runs in reverse when I turn it on every single time and doesnt fix itself. What I have to do it put my hand over the intake of it(which is supposed to be the out take) blocking the flow, then it will make a clicking noise and correct itself and start pumping forward again.
I took out the trusty killowat and my voltage is at 119.7 so its not a voltage problem.

rvitko
02/08/2007, 07:42 PM
The problem is a very tight fitting drive unit. This issue generally resolves itself in a short time. For the unit to reverse the prop has to ride out of the hole, when it does so it breaks contact with the electro magnetic field and in falling back picks up the right direction. When it hits the magnetic field it is spinning the right way. With the tight fit it cannot slide forward easily. A week of running tends to wear the drive sufficiently to solve this problem.

jezzeaepi
02/08/2007, 09:54 PM
12 min response time wow.. lol thanks roger. Ill keep an eye on it. Other then that, I put the tunze in the same exact place I had a seio 620 and man.. its like night and day difference. The seio pales in comparison. The tunze moves the water everywhere, while the Seio is limited to a stream.

rvitko
02/08/2007, 10:05 PM
Keep me posted, if it doesn't correct itself I will get you taken care of but it has been my experience this rights itself.

jezzeaepi
03/05/2007, 04:24 AM
It still starts inccorectly every time =\

rvitko
03/05/2007, 11:50 AM
When I get drive units from this latest batch I will replace it with a new one, can you PM me your address? Also double check that the shaft is firmly in position.