PDA

View Full Version : RB's begone - WOOHOO!!!!

suasponte2/75
02/09/2007, 12:13 PM
Man.... am I ever glad I mustered enough courage to go through with this treatment. I just realized I had them about a year ago and got the courage/time to eradicate these little buggers!

I just started the treatment yesterday evening for the 24 hour treatment and man those buggers are shot and my SPS' have mad PE. Some SPS' that I didn't realize even had that kind of PE are coming out. I always wondered why some of my new frags always bit it and now I know why! After they started taking out my huge blue tort, that was it for those suckers, that was the last straw!

After hour 16 all looks well except my hermits (little bastards) and my bristle worms acting funny last night (coming out of the rockwork en masse). Some hermits are still in their shells twitching(?). My cleaners (skunk and fire) seem fine and looks like they're feasting on some of the keeled over hermits (did I say little bastards?).

Just sharing my experience and hopefully encourage others to proceed w/o hesitation!

Minh

newnano
02/09/2007, 02:26 PM
what doseage /schedule did you follow? im about to pull the trigger.

reefdood
02/09/2007, 03:21 PM
Good news. ;)

BTW the bristeworms were probably just excited by the beefy favor that Interceptor gives off.

Yinger
02/09/2007, 03:54 PM
so you did the treatment with your cleaner shrimps in there? I might have to do one soon too

suasponte2/75
02/10/2007, 01:42 AM
newnano,

I didn't have a scale like some of the other treatment threads recommended so I just eyeballed it and split the pill in half since it supposedly treats 380-400 gallons. I estimated I had about 120 gallons of water (including my sump) and thought a little over wouldn't be too far off since I've heard people doing 4-5x's as much if not more without too much side effects.

I dosed for 24 hours. Afterwards, turned on the skimmer and UV, added some carbon and did a 25% water change. The shrimps were still out and about foraging on the dead hermits :D.

I'm prepping my new batch of saltwater for next week's treatment. 1 down 2 to go :).

Yinger,

Yes, my cleaner shrimps were in the tank since it would've been too much of a pain to remove them plus I didn't have another tank to spare. They came through though. I think if I would've done a larger dose they would've bit it. They didn't look too good during the first few hours. My acro crabs all bit it except one that was clutching some eggs but she didn't look too good after the water change. I think the shrimp got to her.

HTHs,

Minh

newnano
02/10/2007, 01:45 AM
just dosed about an hour ago. im going to do two treatments i think. three is a lot of time i dont have. got my water ready for tomm. im giving it about 8-10hrs

newnano
02/10/2007, 01:46 AM
already noticed a stag that was infested no longer had the little buggers running around

suasponte2/75
02/17/2007, 01:21 AM
Just did my 2nd 24 hour treatment and all goes well. My cleaner shrimps survived again??!!! One of my acro crabs that survived the first treatment didn't make it and got gobbled up by the cleaners. A couple of my hermits made it. They seem to be the same species (blue banded type?) that survived. Perhaps they're immuned (they're larger than the ones that bit it)? The PE on the SPS have never been nicer. A few have started to really color up nicely and grow again :D. I guess I'll stash the rest of my interceptor for future QTs. I'm not gonna do a 3rd treatment since I think the 2x 24 hr deals were pretty lengthy. Plus changing that much water over the last week put a strain on my back and the wifey's patience :D.

Minh

newnano
02/17/2007, 01:25 AM
i finished the treatment and already see a difference in color in a week on the two acros that were really affected.

DarkXerox
02/17/2007, 03:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9200985#post9200985 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefdood
Good news. ;)

BTW the bristeworms were probably just excited by the beefy favor that Interceptor gives off.

:lol: Wow haha, I just imagined that dog in the old dog-bacon commercials "iiiiit's bacon!".