PDA

View Full Version : BioCube Lighting Issue

gkelly
02/09/2007, 08:10 PM
One of the ballasts for my BC 29 just quit - 3 months old.

I need to get a replacement for this. Is there annother brand I can buy to run while I'm waiting for the replacment? First reef tank and I'm not sure if these ballasts are interchangable.

I've heard it can take a week of so going through Oceanic's warranty department - I don't want to leave my corals without light that long.

demon16v
02/09/2007, 10:55 PM
Look at nano tuners . com. If the ballast are in the hood on your tank I would get their kit with the external ballast. That way you can take some of the heat out of your tank.
Jon

Jrizzle
02/10/2007, 12:50 AM
ive been trying to get a new ballast for 2 weeks from them now, my tank is one month old... I'm most likely just going to buy a sunpod

gkelly
02/10/2007, 10:10 AM
It's the external ballast. Nanotuners does have a replacment but their site shows it as out of stock.

How long can I go without the ballast? Should I run the actinic or the daylight? Should I get a 50/50 bulb for the remaining ballast?

Looks like it might take a while to get a new one...

GobyJohnKenobi
02/10/2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'd run the daylight. More usable light for the corals than the actinic. You might also up the photoperiod an hour or two to compensate until you get this taken care of.