PDA

View Full Version : FLORIDA RESIDENTS - Ocala, FL LFS...

taku
02/11/2007, 01:50 AM
I live in Orlando, but someone mentioned there's a great LFS in Ocala and they have a raffle for a large reef tank going on. I have to get in on this.. they're apparently doing the drawing in the middle of February.

Well, the only problem is I can't remember the name of the shop! I want to go there so bad too :( and I can't get in contact with the person who told me the name.

Any ideas? I tried to search local ocala directory with no luck.

taku
02/11/2007, 01:53 AM
It figures!! I search for 20 minutes.. make the post and literally several minutes later I locate the place! :D

It's called Tanks a Lot... here's the address for anyone interested: http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/moreinfo/index.jsp?id=52415619&q=tropical%20fish

WingnutSr
02/11/2007, 06:33 AM
I was just in there last week and they said nothing about that! I did get a nice cleaner shrimp though.

rdnyva
02/11/2007, 07:57 AM
I live in Ocala. While it's not the only LFS in town (there are 2 if you don't count the chains (Petsmart etc.) it is by far the best because it has the most variety of stock and equipment. Also excellent customer service and advice. You can't miss the raffle, it's posted all over and the tank is right there as you walk in.

Fishfreak218
02/11/2007, 08:44 AM
Is there 2 different Tanks-A-Lot because I go to a store about 25 mins away from me and I live in Wellington... and I havnt heard of a Raffle going on..
How big is this tank?

King-Kong
02/11/2007, 09:09 AM
I have visited Tanks-A-Lot, and I have to say I was a bit dissapointed. Their fish selection was incredibly small, and while their coral pond is very cool to look above into, I find that's an improper way of selling corals. Very very few of us look at our tanks regularly from above (where colors are better). This makes their selection look better than they really are (and even then, the selection was un-impressive).

Living in Gainesville, I think both of our smaller fish stores are superior (and that doesnt say much).

Oceans Exotics on Archer Road about 1mi west of I-75
Aquatropics on SW 34th Street, north of Archer, and South of Newberry.