PDA

View Full Version : how to feed live sponge!!!!

20reefer
02/15/2007, 11:14 AM
Hi, I buy two days ago a singapore angel it looks very active and is picking at the live rock a lot and looks good but have not touched the prepared food, I know only have been for 48 hours in my tank but I want him eating as soon as posible. So I read that a big part of their diet are sponge so I can find thems very easy so I want to know how to feed it and what type of songe or it will accept any?? Sorry for my english it is not my first language.

Thanks, Pablo

20reefer
02/16/2007, 04:10 PM
40 views and any post :S... please help!!!

SpektralerSpeer
02/17/2007, 12:46 PM
Hello 20reefer,

first of all, I'd recommend changing the title of the thread to 'feeding sponge to angelfish' or such, because as it stands it sounds like you mean 'giving food to a live sponge'.
Have you tried the angelfish mix from Ocean Nutrition? I understand that it contains sponge. Otherwise, I would try giving small pieces of variety of sponges, perhaps using an algae clip, and see which type(s) it eats.

Paul

20reefer
02/17/2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks SpektralerSpeer, I will change it. Sorry my english is not to good, well I will try the clip method. I have try to find the angel mix but any lfs nearby have it.

SpektralerSpeer
02/17/2007, 03:02 PM
No problem. Entiendo espaƱol, pero no puedo hablarlo... Unfortunately I can't get Ocean Nutrition in Germany, the nearest available is in Belgium! I hope you have more luck, I've heard it is good.

Paul