PDA

View Full Version : Torch attacking my monti cap?

reefwhore
02/15/2007, 05:20 PM
Need some advise on this torch that grew out of a rock that my monti cap is attached to. Is there any way to remove the torches without destroying them? My monti seems to be dying and the coloring has ligtened up quite a bit.http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/60296P2150049_4.JPG :confused:

wantsalotta
02/15/2007, 05:34 PM
The montipora is bleaching from being stung.

You should be able to break the skeleton of the torch right where it comes out of the rock, with slight oressure on it. Then you can use aquamend to reattach it to a rock elsewhere in your tank.

raoul
02/15/2007, 05:35 PM
They should have a calcium base that can be "broken/cut", that's the only thing I can think of.

When you say it grew out of the rock, are you saying you didn't put it there? Hard to tell from the pic, but you're sure it's a torch?

Good luck, love the cap! We have a good size frag we're watching grow, it's good to see the potential ours has!

raoul
02/15/2007, 05:36 PM
Oops! We were posting at the same time!

reefwhore
02/15/2007, 06:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9251808#post9251808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wantsalotta
The montipora is bleaching from being stung.

You should be able to break the skeleton of the torch right where it comes out of the rock, with slight oressure on it. Then you can use aquamend to reattach it to a rock elsewhere in your tank.
Thanks alot I will try it!

reefwhore
02/15/2007, 06:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9251813#post9251813 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by raoul
They should have a calcium base that can be "broken/cut", that's the only thing I can think of.

When you say it grew out of the rock, are you saying you didn't put it there? Hard to tell from the pic, but you're sure it's a torch?

Good luck, love the cap! We have a good size frag we're watching grow, it's good to see the potential ours has!
Yes, I had this rock from a 20 galon i started years ago and added it to my 90 and about a yaer ago it started growing out of the rock in 2 places. I can't figure it out. Recently it started dropping frags. I never had a torch in my tank.
The monti I started from a nano pack I got from sea crop. it grew fast.

raoul
02/15/2007, 08:53 PM
Wow, sounds like a happy torch! Too bad it's not playing so well with the others!!!

Our cap is probably growing, but not noticably in size, it it however changing shape and developing ridges, so I'll take that over nothing :)