PDA

View Full Version : potter's angel reef safe?

flasher1
02/16/2007, 07:07 AM
I am pretty confident that I want to do a Potter's Dwarf Angelfish with a blue carpet anemone and some acro's. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Will the angel eat my anemone and acro?

bosborn1
02/16/2007, 08:29 AM
Won't touch the Nem. And if it does that will be the last thing he ever nips at. With the acros its a 50/50 shot. I have one that doesn't mess with them. But I know others who do have a problem. I use an autofeeder to feed several times a day. I think this reduces picking by my angels

Scott

flasher1
02/16/2007, 09:45 AM
thanks scott, i appreciate it

bosborn1
02/16/2007, 11:01 AM
If your looking for Potter's angels I know that Finz in Tampa gets really good quality ones. Its not to much of a drive. Depending on I-4 and the time of day. With Potter's its all in the collection process. Some potter's only make 6 months others for long times.

Bret61081
02/16/2007, 11:38 AM
I would say they are...atleast the one I have is...its always picking at the rocks and the walls and eats frozen mysis...but I have yet to see it pick at any corals...I agree with the point of collection. I got mine from a LFS down here...they got in about 8 direct from a diver in Hawaii and they were all eating frozen for the 3rd day. Ive seen them from the major wholesalers where they wont touch a thing...

bosborn1
02/16/2007, 12:13 PM
The guy at Finz told me he gets them diver direct. He gets most of his hawaiian stuff diver direct from what I he told me