PDA

View Full Version : PLease help-pink tip anemone!!

specialreef
02/16/2007, 03:14 PM
My condy (Condylactis gigantea) anemone has been shrunken now for about 45mins.I noticed this same behavior(once before) 3 days ago ,same act. It also had a pink-ish,slimy ball on the rock next to it. I believed it was waste so i pulled it out and it smelled horrible. Would this behavior be normal?

I recently did a 10% water change in the beginning of the week. My parameters are currently good. Water temp is 76. I have it under current 260 watt 50/50. Would this be o.k. It's strange b/c about 5 days ago it was fully open and active.

WallyBackm
02/16/2007, 03:18 PM
Anemones do this from time to time. If it comes back shortly to full extension I wouldn't be too worried.

specialreef
02/16/2007, 03:37 PM
I was thinking this morning if i should moving the Condy a bit higher in my tank.I've had it for about three weeks and its been in the same spot since it moved over about 3 inches the first night. It flows with the current(stong flow),extends from time to time. But on these two times it shrinks in, as if its having problems.Even with the parameters all good.

Bmgrocks
02/16/2007, 03:56 PM
Ur condy is fine, I've had one, and it did that almost every 2 days, its perfectly normal...

Don't worry, i did and learned it was no biggie, it should expand, mine tended to do it at night..

Let it move on its own, it will find a spot that it likes and will settle there,Condy's are very hardy, and im sure you will have no problems with it,

Its normal Condy Behavior, Shrinking, Expanding, and Moving.

specialreef
02/16/2007, 04:14 PM
So if no one minds me asking,What is the purpose for them extending? Also what could explain the pink,slime ball next to the anemone?

petoonia
02/17/2007, 01:17 AM
The pink slimeball was probably anemone poop. They usually shrink when they go. My guess is they fully extend to catch food, and to catch as much light as possible.