PDA

View Full Version : Woes with ACIII and the web

IslandCrow
02/16/2007, 06:02 PM
Does anyone out there have an Aquacontroller III that's hooked up to a Netgear router? Or just know a lot about getting these things set up for web access?
I can access the ACIII through my LAN fine, but I can't seem to get it set up correctly for web access. The instructions say to the WAN side port using either port forwarding or UPnP. I think my ISP may block port 80 requests, but my port forwarding menu doesn't have a separate entry for internal/external port, so I'm really not sure which one I'm entering. My UPnP menu shows (and labels) internal and external, but there's nothing I can modify on that menu, and it doesn't list the AC anyway. Lastly, my ISP uses dynamic IP addresses, so I went through dyndns.org to get a static IP address. Is there somewhere in the router configuration I'm supposed to enter that address? Port forwarding won't accept it.
I'm fairly computer savvy, but pretty ignorant when it comes LANs and the internet. If anyone can decipher what I'm trying to explain here, could you help me out.

h20cooled
02/16/2007, 07:44 PM
Mike,
Try the Neptune forums, there is a lot of good info in there and helpful people.

Rich

wlagarde
02/16/2007, 08:38 PM
IslandCrow - Since (or if) your ISP blocks port 80 (outgoing) you can not use it. To work around this all you have to do is port an alternative port (say 81) on the WAN over to port 80 on the LAN IP address for you ACIII. As for the DHCP assigned IP address using DynDNS.org is the right approach. There are many programs available that you can run on one of your LAN PC's that will keep the dynamic IP up to date with DynDNS.org...check out www.directupdate.net.