PDA

View Full Version : Live rock from LiveAquaria

fishguy2727
02/16/2007, 06:10 PM
Has anyone ever gotten live rock form live aquaria? I have heard their livestock is really good and it is about the cheapest live rock I can find, so if it was a decent I would consider it as my source for live rock. So anyone had any experience with it?

Mare100
02/16/2007, 06:17 PM
Hi...

We are curing 30 lbs. of their "Select Lalo" rock right now. I'm a real newbie to this....but personally I think it looks beautiful. It came to us uncured....so it was full of gunk and it's a REALLY stinky job....but it's getting there. It's very colorful and has "stuff" on it. I don't exactly know what the "stuff" is.....well..one of the things is a sponge. I don't even know if this "stuff" will survive the curing process.

All in all....I think it's alot prettier than the stuff we got from the LFS that was pre-cured in their tanks. We're only now starting to see some colors come out on that after 2 months.

(P.S.) the rock is only really, really stinky until after about the 2nd scrubbing/water change. Then it gets better.

M

dippin61
02/16/2007, 06:24 PM
its decent LR.

roader247
02/16/2007, 06:33 PM
I got some rock from them a long time ago It was good rock but I prefer

http://www.reefermadness.us/

Good Luck

bertoni
02/16/2007, 06:55 PM
You could also look in the vendor experiences forum for more reviews.

slam308
02/16/2007, 08:12 PM
Finally a question I can answer instead of ask!

I got 22 lbs. of their Fiji Premium LR. Had it in a tub with a heater and powerhead for 3 days before we put it in a new tank to start our cycle. Approx. 4 weeks later, we had coralline starting to purple again, a tiny feather duster and so far 7 peanut worms. There was some Halimeda on the rock that I'm hoping comes back.
The rock is considered "cured", but you really have to cure it again once you get it. Didn't stink at all.
As Mare100 said, I'm new to this, so there may be more informed opinions out there, but I was thrilled with my rock.

mhummel
02/16/2007, 08:23 PM
I've never got rock from them....yet... I usually purchased my live stock locally. I recently ordered acro from them. I've heard good things about their LR over conversation with other reefers.

My order had a problem which was out of their control but the friendly and knowlegable staff alone was enough to make me a life customer.
Just my thoughts. Good luck in your new found hobby and dont' get to discuraged by mistakes we all made mistakes.

BadOleRoss
02/16/2007, 08:52 PM
I have gotten LR from them several times and have never been disappointed. I currenty have about 400# in my 220.

RTKBA308
02/16/2007, 09:14 PM
I also ordered 22lbs of Fiji from them. It's nice rock, half covered in green coralline. It came well packaged with wet paper, wrapped in double plastic and styrofoam.