PDA

View Full Version : duster question

Spyogenes
02/18/2007, 04:41 PM
i have a yellow feather duster that i bought a few weeks back in my tank and i never see it out anymore. when i first had it i saw it all the time but lately its seemed to vanish. i know its still in its cacoon cause you can feel it inside there. i feed it phytoplankton every week as well as the rest of the tank but any ideas as to why its hiding? i have had it for about a month plus now. thanks for yout ideas and suggestions.

SEMPER FI
spyogenes

kmk2307
02/19/2007, 06:53 AM
are other things in your tank doing well? do you test your water?

supervdl
02/19/2007, 11:39 AM
I had a yellow duster hide for a week before it came back like nothing happened.

Spyogenes
02/19/2007, 12:32 PM
everything else seems to be doing fine a lfs tests my water for me when i go in. they always say everthing is fine the only trouble that they have with it is the Ca reading. they cant get a distinct color change. which they have never been able to get a good reading on my water since i started it over a year ago. i use the b-ionic soln to add calcium to the tank 5ml of each part a day, as well as adding I into the system once a week same brand. since i started the I the zoos and mushrooms took off and are going like wildfire!!

Bobby A.
02/19/2007, 07:36 PM
i have the same problem.... sort of.... one of mine will only come out when the lights are off... and the other has only come out once in the two week i have had him..... i know the flow in the area they are is good..... i dont know the problem.....