PDA

View Full Version : Food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

michael fruth
02/18/2007, 08:32 PM
hi
i have a 55g with a sailfin tang,red firefish, purple firefish, lawnmower blenny,mandrin dragonet, and scooter blenny and was wondering if any one had recipes for fresh food, i heard people just go to the grocery store and go to the fresh sea food section any food ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
02/18/2007, 08:34 PM
Some brine shrimp and copped up cocktail shrimp would be good for some good. I only feed frozen foods and my fish all stay night and healthy. I also will add a drop of liquid garlic now and than to their food.

Octoberfest
02/18/2007, 08:37 PM
well you need to start with a larger tank. The manderin's chances of survival in a 55 are slim. The Sailfin is too large for that tank and you might want to get rid of a fish or too.

But....

You can feed them anything that you can eat in the seafood department. Just make sure it's not cooked and chop it up small enough where they can eat it.

michael fruth
02/18/2007, 09:00 PM
hey i am 12 years old and it was expensive anof for a 55 let alone bigger. i know i have to trade or sell the sailfin the person at the pet store did not know what she was talking about.
Thanx

Octoberfest
02/18/2007, 09:05 PM
If the sailfin is small enough you should be o.k. for a while until it gets too big. The manderin is the one I'd be the most worried about though.

michael fruth
02/18/2007, 09:09 PM
the sailfin is small but why the manderin they only get 4 inches and he is eating great

Octoberfest
02/18/2007, 09:24 PM
Because the manderin eat pods. Pods come on your live rock and naturally produce in a tank. It usually takes about 9 months to a year for them to be at the amount to sustain a Manderin in a 125 gallon tank. They will go through the amount of pods in a 55 gallon in no time. Unless it's regularly taking good frozen food like Mysis shrimp it will end up starving to death. You may see it eating frozen food from time to time but it could be eating it becaue it's starving.

Just be careful, in the end if it's questionable find it a new home.

michael fruth
02/18/2007, 09:26 PM
the day i got it it ate frozen brine shimp