PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a 38 gallon tank?

BradsOcean
02/18/2007, 11:42 PM
If anyone has a 38 gallon tank, I would like to know what you have in it: amount of live rock, fish, coral, etc. Thank you!!!

sir_dudeguy
02/19/2007, 12:01 AM
does 40 count? 2 gallons difference isnt gonna change anything really other than a inch or so here and there.

quietreef
02/19/2007, 12:33 PM
Hi,
I have a 38. In it I have tons of liverock. Too much I think but I keep hearing that you cannnot have too much liverock.
It is a reef tank. I have 2 emerald crabs, 2 porceline crabs, 4 small damsels, 1 manderine, several small hermits, a knobby pink cuke, (which probably shouldn't be in there) a couple of peppermint shrimp and corals: one small toadstool, several small pulsating Xenia frags, a few small colonies of mushrooms, a few colonies of button polyps, a colt coral, and two more small corals that I don't know exactly what they are. I have a refugium attatched to it and a skimmer on it with a Rena Fx4 canister filter. I just got the bigger filter. Oh, and some snails and 2 serpent stars.

IkevinI
02/19/2007, 01:24 PM
I have a 38 gal as well. I have roughly 40-50 pounds of LR in my tank with another 20 or so stacked in a 20 gal fuge, both of which have around 3.5" of sand. I have a maroon clown (with a Rose BT anemone), a orange spotted diamond goby, and a six line wrasse. I have 2 clams, one crocea and one maxima. I also have three medium size acro colonies. In addition I have a various assortment of cleaners (well no more hermit crabs b/c my wrasse tends to snack on them). I run 2 175w MH on top, and 2 96w VHO actinics. I use an AquaC EV-120 for skimming.

gary faulkner
02/19/2007, 03:13 PM
quietreef

[welcome]

hehe, I just love that welcome banner. Don't you?