PDA

View Full Version : More Reefing Quizzes?

Talfish
02/19/2007, 12:57 AM
Hi Randy,

I've been searching around for tests/quizzes that pertain to the hobby. I finally found your Reef Chemistry Quiz... tough!:eek2:

I'm wondering if there are any others around that pertain to other Reefing subjects... maybe with varying degrees of difficulty? Tests about oh, I don't know, maybe hardware, fish, corals, husbandry... stuff like that...

Your Reef Chem Quiz was setup great, although I had to go back to the 2006 version before attempting the 2007 :lol: Being able to see the correct answers and details was very useful.

Thanks, Tal

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/19/2007, 08:27 AM
I do not know of any other such quizzes, although I have a few left over questions that I can post here over the next few days. :)

Here's one:

Hydrogen sulfide is most likely to form in which location in a reef aquarium?

A. In a deep sand bed that has covered over organic materials
B. In a fish’s eye, causing pop eye
C. On a fish's skin, causing marine ick
D. In suspended bacteria, causing a bacterial bloom

Talfish
02/22/2007, 01:03 AM
(A) Thank you for taking the time to put the quizzes together. I wish the RK Quiz page had a "printable view" button so I could print the test as well. The quiz was very helpful.

Thanks, Tal

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/22/2007, 12:16 PM
:thumbsup:

You're welcome. :)

Talfish
02/27/2007, 09:27 PM
I scored 48% on the 2006 version... so I studied more and took it again (printed the test w/o answers and didn't use a book) I got 42 out of 50 correct. Another week or two of study and I'll take the 2007.

Thanks again, the tests are very helpful!

Lenny C
02/28/2007, 12:28 AM
I had fun takin the last test even though it totaly humbled me hard core. Just because I spend a bunch of time in this froum I thought I would do prety good...... WRONG! :)

Another thanks for the time put into making thease tests for us to enjoy.

Dave

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/28/2007, 07:35 AM
You folks are welcome.

I'm glad you liked it. :)