PDA

View Full Version : ro/di pressure help

detroit_fan
02/20/2007, 01:40 PM
i am hooking up my typhoonIII(from air water and ice) to my faucet via the faucet adapter and i have no idea how much pressure i have coming out of the faucet, it seems like a lot. i do not have a pressure gauge on the unit and i am worried it is too high, can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

i do have an email sent into them, but wjo knows how long it will take them to get back and i was hoping to use this today.

thorsky
02/20/2007, 02:05 PM
Regular tap pressure can vary a great deal, but I've never seen anyone with pressure too high for a standard RO setup. You can grab a simple pressure gage from Home Depot or Lowes that screws onto a hose tap. Or you can make one with JG fittings and attach it right to your Typhoon...or you could just buy one from one of the sponsors. :)

AZDesertRat
02/20/2007, 02:51 PM
I thought Typhoon IIIs come with a pressure gauge? Did they drop that?
Pressures are rarely too high for an RO/DI unit, they are rated at 125 psi working pressure just like all your other plumbing in the house. Most vendors will tell you to keep it around 90 and I doub't seriously you have pressure that high, nationwide the average is around 50 psi.

detroit_fan
02/20/2007, 03:02 PM
thank you for the help- it just seemed like a lot of pressure when i switched the adapter to the ro port- wanted to double check before i ruined my new unit lol.

Reefmaniac1
02/20/2007, 03:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9290270#post9290270 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
I thought Typhoon IIIs come with a pressure gauge? Did they drop that?

Nope, they still come with the pressure gauge.

detroit_fan
02/20/2007, 03:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9290408#post9290408 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefmaniac1
Nope, they still come with the pressure gauge.
no they don't. i just bought mine 1 week ago and they do not come with one. it's an add on option. yes i did buy the typhoonIII and not the regular typhoon. i got the handheld tds meter, fastflush valve and ro only port, bu they do not come with pressure gauge

Reefmaniac1
02/20/2007, 03:53 PM
Then that's a very recent change. I hadn't been to their web site in a while (my tank's down, so I haven't needed replacement cartridges).

detroit_fan
02/20/2007, 04:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9290778#post9290778 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefmaniac1
Then that's a very recent change. I hadn't been to their web site in a while (my tank's down, so I haven't needed replacement cartridges).
it may be very recent, i didn't start looking at that unit untill not too long ago so i can't say for sure. i think i may go get one at lowes/home depot/ menards and throw it on for the hell of it, just so i can monitor better.