PDA

View Full Version : Good online dealer

ffmd21
02/20/2007, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a good online dealer they use. Someone suggested to order the rest of my live rock from e-bay. How reliable is this? Does the shipping cause excessive die off if it is rock? I am just wondering because i thought I might go ahead and add the rest of my live rock, I have about half of what i need in now. And from an earlier post it sounded like the tank is cycling just like it should, so I think I would like to go ahead and finish the installation of the rock. But, I would like to save some money. This first batch of rock was 6.99/lb which I thought was a little pricey. But if it is the best way to go I guess, I will have to deal with the price!!!!

bnhd3
02/20/2007, 02:32 PM
i bought 200lbs from this guy in october. he hooked me up. i can vouch for him! here is a link to his auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/FIJI-LIVE-ROCK-WALT-SMITH-CURED-LOW-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ150092633266QQihZ005QQcategoryZ117437QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

he will sell any amount, just specify

leshampton
02/20/2007, 02:42 PM
I've ordered from this same person twice already. I got a really good selection of rock too.

shag26272
02/20/2007, 02:48 PM
also try premiumaquatics, they are close to where you live and have great stuff, you could probably get a good deal on shipping and wouldnt have much dieoff bc its coming from the same state

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Liverock

sjm817
02/20/2007, 02:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9290525#post9290525 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ffmd21
I was wondering if anyone had a good online dealer they use. Someone suggested to order the rest of my live rock from e-bay. How reliable is this? Does the shipping cause excessive die off if it is rock? I am just wondering because i thought I might go ahead and add the rest of my live rock, I have about half of what i need in now. And from an earlier post it sounded like the tank is cycling just like it should, so I think I would like to go ahead and finish the installation of the rock. But, I would like to save some money. This first batch of rock was 6.99/lb which I thought was a little pricey. But if it is the best way to go I guess, I will have to deal with the price!!!!
You live in Indiana and dont know about the best online vendor in the business??

http://premiumaquatics.com is da Bomb!

ffmd21
02/20/2007, 02:55 PM
I do now!!! Thanks a bunch for the suggestions. I am getting ready to go spend some quality time at this new local site!! Thanks everyone for the help.

mfh_anderson
02/20/2007, 05:44 PM
i like www.saltwaterfish.com for a variety of everything and www.jcaquatics.com has really good customer service.

madmatt357
02/20/2007, 05:51 PM
I just bought some from Mr.Marine off EBAY. If you put "cured liverock" in the search it will come up. They are selling cured Fiji liverock for $2.19lb. They are located in Longwood, Fl but they do ship and it is reasonable. I just bought rock from them and I am very impressed with the quality. It might be worth checking it out.

Capt. Nemo
02/20/2007, 06:03 PM
Premium Aquatics is the best! I bought some beautiful Marshall Islands LR from them.

bnhd3
02/20/2007, 07:06 PM
the link i gave you in the first reply is for mr. marine's auction on ebay. the same one madmatt357 is talking about. my lfs was selling it for 6.00 to 7.00 a lb. i got 200lbs. from mr. marine for 2.19 a lb. i think shipping was like between 130.00 and 150.00 but i still save hundreds do the math!