PDA

View Full Version : One Blue Lyncia myth dispelled.

kryppy
02/21/2007, 12:24 AM
This is my 5 year old Lyncia. Caught him doing this during a very unplanned acrylic top repair..

Having them out of water isn't a death sentence. This isn't the first time he has seen air either.. :) He is happy as could be eating god knows what.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/lync1.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/lync2.jpg

edwing206
02/21/2007, 01:14 AM
that's good to know. thanks

petoonia
02/22/2007, 12:21 AM
How long was your tank established before you added it? What size tank do you have? How much LR? Im just curious I've wanted one for awhile, but have been nervous about trying. You obviously have the right set up!!

vanmle
02/23/2007, 05:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9303856#post9303856 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by petoonia
How long was your tank established before you added it? What size tank do you have? How much LR? Im just curious I've wanted one for awhile, but have been nervous about trying. You obviously have the right set up!!

I have mine set up for 8 months with about 180lbs of LR. I have three linckias now. All but the newest are from established tanks. I have bought linckias in the past from mail order and from the LFS. All but the latest one died.

So in my opinion, if you could get one from a local reefer, you will be better off. Much higher survival rate.

kryppy
02/23/2007, 10:45 PM
This guy came from a LFS. He spent his first year in a pretty nasty 50 gallon with a big, mean old grouper who keeps the nitrates around 120. It was really well established though.

At around 1 year my girl decided one night to pick him out and carry him across the living room to a few month old 180.
It has a ton of LR, I can't even estimate it

Stayed in there for 3 years until that was upgraded to a 240 bowfront about a year ago. This is the tank in the pictures which had its top unbond, from the heat of the metal halides I guess.. :(

I do use ocean water, and the deep sand bed is straight out of the ocean. It cleared and looked perfect in twenty minutes after set up, so I think that is a factor.

They seem tough to me, but this is the only one I've had experience with. I saw one at an LFS tonight that was the same color and shape, but way fatter. I'm wondering if they are different species...and maybe one is hardy and one not?

Good luck with em, they are very cool to watch.