PDA

View Full Version : GSP closed for awhile

acidlittle
02/21/2007, 12:52 AM
So my GSP colony has been closed up for the majority, for a week or so now. It's worrying me, but all my params are fine. Half of it is open but the rest of it is closed up. It's really strange!

Will GSP do this if it has no place to expand to? I have it sitting away from my rockwork just so it doesn't become a problem. Could this be the problem? Do i need to trim up my colony? or what's the deal???

help please!!!

sir_dudeguy
02/21/2007, 09:33 AM
but all my params are fine.

what ARE the params? You could have something wrong but not know it.

Whats your:

Temp
SG
pH
Nitrate

Those are the only ones i've really found to affect them.

But i've had gsp closed for over a month and it looked completely dead but came back and is now my biggest colony of it.
My nitrates were over 100 at that time too :) Tough coral, eh?

Also, sometimes gsp seems to close for no reason. Someone once said it was something like a sort of "regeneration" stage or something. I dont know if thats right or not, but hey, it made sense to me :)

Give it time and make sure your params are steady and you'll be good

acidlittle
02/21/2007, 12:08 PM
Temp is about 76-78.5
Sg is 1.023
Ph is 8.3-8.4
Nitrate was a shade over 0

I have noticed that it would close up for a day or two then it would explode in growth. This one has nowhere to grow though as I have it isolated from touching other rock. The weird thing is that half of it opens but the other does not! It's strange I tell you.

Also what's the easiest way to frag it? just cut a chunk off?

InvaderJim
02/21/2007, 02:07 PM
My GSP do they same. They have been closed for 2 or 3 days now. I've moved them around a couple times and they will be all open and happy, then be closed. I don't understand it.