PDA

View Full Version : bta feeding

powdertang05
02/21/2007, 01:02 AM
i have two bta one is eating like crazy. whenever i feed him he eats it . its about the size of a fist the other one is about the size of a human head but will never eat ive feed him multiple silverside, mysis, krill, homemade food. the other one will eat anything this one will never eat it. some times if i use a gold fish or a slverside and wiggle it like its alive he will grab it for a second then drop it kinda by his mouth then it takes him 20 mins. keeps it in his month for 10 minutes then spits it out. they are in a 20L both under a 150w 14k hqi with about 500 gph in and out and about 700 gph running for extra flow. i really need help feeding him ive even tried feeding him and just keeping shoving it in his moth everytime he would spit it out, dont get it all my other anenomes totalling 7 are all peachy but i cant figure out this one.

fishyking
02/21/2007, 01:43 AM
How long have you had this anemone and how long has he been not feeding for?

I assume you have tried feeding him a cube of defrosted mysis shrimp or other small diced meaty food that is smaller than a whole silverside?

They get a good deal of energy from photosynthesis, so personally I wouldn't start to panic.... If he is starving he will start to shrink up.

Is his colour a good deep colour or is he going bleached (clear / see through) ?

powdertang05
02/21/2007, 09:55 PM
well ive had him for 2 months ago directly form the shipping bag frsh from the lfs. after about a week he ate some mysis then never ate anything ever again. he does shrink alot now when i fist got him it was for about a hour right after the lights went on. first off i dont know what the supplier used for ligth for them but im guessing something cheap as usual so i expected them to shrink somewhat geting used to the light but now he strinks alot hes probably open about 12 hours 6 during the middle of the day and in the middle of the night the others are always open and puffed up always eating. dont get it.

redvipe2010
02/21/2007, 11:30 PM
Can you post a pic?

powdertang05
02/22/2007, 02:28 PM
of what when its deflated or inflated or what ?

TropTrea
02/22/2007, 02:32 PM
both....

redvipe2010
02/22/2007, 02:34 PM
You shouldn't be feeding it gold fish. But I would like to see a pic to see what it's general health looks like. Inflated would be fine.