PDA

View Full Version : Best Heater?

ostrow
02/21/2007, 01:17 PM
I just did a global RC search on the phrase "best heater" and came up zip.

So, what is the best heater? I've had a handful of Finnex heaters fail on me. Wan Pro has proven less than reliable. I need to replace a couple and wonder what to get.....

engine
02/21/2007, 01:44 PM
I guess it depends on who you ask. Most people I talk to like that jager heaters.

XtrmCHoPZ
02/21/2007, 01:59 PM
ebo jagers are nice well made heaters but the main drawback is that they are still made of glass. I use all Stealth heaters, I believe theyre made by Aquarium Systems or whatever brand makes visi-therm heaters. Theyre shatter and break proof, are all black so they blend in well if you have a black-backed tank and are very reliable. I wouldnt use any other heater. I cant beleive that not many others here on ReefCentral mention them?!

phishlet
02/21/2007, 07:40 PM
The best heater is one controlled by a controller (like a Ranco, Neptune etc.). If any heater were to fail, the controller won't allow it to fail in the "on" position.

ostrow
02/21/2007, 10:29 PM
Got a controller. Need to figure out what to plug into it. All my heaters keep busting.

XtrmCHoPZ
03/01/2007, 05:04 PM
Get a stealth heater. Theyre are now made by Marineland. I think they bought out Aquarium Sytems. Theyre excellent, black, shatterproof and accurate.

pjf
03/01/2007, 07:23 PM
I want to buy a Stealth heater but I want to know when it is ON or OFF. Is there a plug adapter with an LED that will tell me if the heater is drawing current or not?

Something like a ground plug adapter with an LED would be perfect.