PDA

View Full Version : clowns

radar1625
02/21/2007, 01:31 PM
do clowns need to be added in pairs or does it matter

Mariner
02/21/2007, 01:37 PM
If you're going to have two of about the same size, it's better to add them together, IMO. You can certainly have just one, or you can have one and add another of a different size later.
HTH,
Mariner

reeftanker04
02/21/2007, 01:47 PM
I added 2 clowns for the first time and they seem to be attached by the hip. They're tank raised percula's and I'm really enjoying them swim together.

If you're going to have 2, I would put them in together b/c I've never seen clowns act so "friendly" towards eachother in the past.

taillonjohn
02/21/2007, 01:56 PM
Watching 2 clowns swim together is awesome.... I haven't seen any other fish act like that. Plus I read that their sex is interchangeable, so if you add 2, they will change sex's to mate. If there alone in the tank, good chance they might spawn

It was a sad day when one of my two committed fishacide

Joshua1023
02/21/2007, 03:21 PM
Whatever you do don't add two large clowns together. If you get two small clowns you will be in good shape because one will become more dominant and turn into a female. One by itself is fine. If you get just one and decide to add another down the road, make sure to purchase a much smaller juvenile clown of the same species.

BrianCM
02/21/2007, 03:32 PM
it is good to get 2 juvenile clowns at the same time so they can choose their sex.

t5Nitro
02/21/2007, 03:34 PM
If you only want one to start and choose to get another later, just make sure the new one is small. When 1 clown is in the tank for over a month alone or so, it probably turns female and can't go back. Getting a small one, it is neither male/female and it will turn to male.