PDA

View Full Version : How fast is xenia supposed to pulse?

murphreef
02/21/2007, 11:57 PM
ok well i got my first xenia frag from a friend on here! thanks Sean!

anyways ive never kept it b4 and now i really like it.... kinda guna be tricky though since i have a 180G tank thats loaded with sps so im guna try to keep it located on an island style area to keep it away from my main rockwork.... i hope that works ok for me....

anyways since ive never kept this stuff before its actually really entertaining and fun to watch.... its the elongata species i believe and this stuff pulses like crazy.... i was counting and each polyp does a full open to close pulse every second... looks very cool in person.... too bad my sps dont do this! lol .... just wondering whats normal for these guys and if any special needs are required

thanks!

salty3
02/22/2007, 12:00 AM
I dont know whats normal, but mine constantly opens and closes like you said yours do. I dont think they need any speacial care I just let the water feed my corals and they have been fine so far, but then again I've only had them for about 2 weeks and I have had a moon brain and 4 shrooms for about 4 months. Good luck.

jski711
02/23/2007, 08:10 PM
it really depends on the xenia. some really pulse a lot, others not so much. also give it 3-5 days once its in your tank, sometimes they even take weeks to start pulsing again like they were. give it some time im sure they will be just fine. also a pic would be cool!?!?