PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a wavebox with the new style driveshaft?

ostrow
02/22/2007, 09:24 AM
My Wavebox had a problem, I've had it for about 8 months and it came with the old driveshaft with the "boots." As part of the problem fix I got the new driveshaft, that is all one piece. My pump is extremely noisy. Roger has been very helpful and he actually swapped pumps for me for another used one, with another new, new-style drive shaft. It is also noisy. You hear a loud sort of groan with each pulse that is audible even from other rooms in the house.

I'm interested to hear experiences of those with either brand new waveboxes that come wiht the new style driveshaft and older ones into which they have put the new driveshaft.

What is the noise level?

Before my problems I could not hear my wavebox at all. Quieter than, say, a maxijet. So this is disturbing.

Roger is working with me, I have no complaints there. But I want to know if the new versions require one to tolerate a noise level or not.

marinelife
02/22/2007, 10:30 AM
I do not have a new wavebox but I do have a new driveshaft in my one stream, it is quiet. My wavebox is too but it is the old style

gotfish8
02/22/2007, 11:29 AM
I have the same problem, it is louder and the alarm go off all of the time. even though it has been cleaned multiple times. I like the older drive.

ostrow
02/22/2007, 11:33 AM
Whoa, well if the alarm is going off you have a different issue. Are you removing and cleaning the "upper bearing" too? I may swap and try the old driveshaft in this pump I have now. But he says it was silent with the new one in it so I don't know. We'll get it resolved but it is interesting to me that the new version is noisier. I think that it flares to much at the top of the driveshaft, not sure the reason for that design...