PDA

View Full Version : Silly sump question

jwavec
02/22/2007, 01:01 PM
I am new to the reef tank world. I currently am in the planning stages of my 90 gallon RR tank setup. I have already built the stand and have inside dimensions of 46"x151/2"x24". I am having trouble deciding whether or not to get a 20L tanks that is 30" long leaving about 16" of room in my stand for other stuff or to get a 30L that is 36" long and only leaving myself about 10" in my stand. I will have an in sump protein skimmer and plan on having a fuge(small one) in the sump as well. So I guess I am wanting to know what I will need to leave room for in my stand? Or do I need to use all available space for my sump/fuge. Thanks.

rustybucket145
02/22/2007, 01:09 PM
I'd go with the 30l and include a fuge in the tank. 30l should give you plenty of room to do this in.

matasw
02/22/2007, 01:56 PM
I've got the sump on my 90 taking up almost the entire inside of the stand. The bigger the better :) its a 50g, i think its 36'' long i only have about an inch or two on each side. The bigger the tank the more water volumne you'll have and the larger fuge you can have. I'd use as much space as possible for your sump.

illal
02/22/2007, 02:01 PM
go as big as possible.... my problem was i didnt put the sump till the tank was already filled and setup so i was limited to what i could fit without modding the stand