PDA

View Full Version : Northern Wisconsin Reef Society

DFS
02/23/2007, 06:43 PM
Drs. Foster and Smith were proud to host the second meeting on February 21st for the newly formed Northern Wisconsin Reef Society (NWRS). Special thanks go out to the newly elected president Bill Belliveau, who was the brainchild and organizer of the club, as well as Shannon Johnson for compiling the meeting minutes and stepping up to volunteer for the secretarial position. We had a great turnout of 28 hobbyists, and it was very nice to meet some of the local enthusiasts from around the area. Several people offered assistance and suggestions to help make this club very special. The interaction among hobbyists, and knowledge shared will be a great learning experience for hobbyists of any experience level.

The monthly meeting schedule will be the third Wednesday of every month at 6:30 PM. Snacks and drinks will be supplied by Drs. Foster & Smith, along with the opportunity to tour the Aquaculture Coral Facility. We are in the process of establishing a forum section here on RC, so please keep an eye out for that so all the club members can interact among themselves, and post info about the club and meeting minutes. On the docket next month is a presentation on Coral Taxonomy so I encourage anyone interested to join us at our next meeting on March 21, 2007 at 6:30 p.m. at the Drs. Foster and Smith Aquaculture Coral Facility.

Happy Reefing!
Kevin Kohen
Director of LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

Steve_Aquarius
02/26/2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info, I will look forward to making the next meeting!

DFS
02/26/2007, 11:26 AM
I am pleased to announce that the new Northern Wisconsin Reef Society (NWRS) forum section here on Reef Central is now active. Please visit the following section under Reef Clubs for information on becoming a member or questions about the club.

Reef Club Forum Section:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=80

Northern Wisconsin Reef Society Forum Section:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=475

Happy Reefing!
Kevin Kohen
Director of LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith