PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Species of Anemone in One Tank?

lessthanlights
02/24/2007, 02:21 AM
Is it safe to house multiple species of anemone in one tank- a carpet and bubble tip or seabe for example.

AquaReeferMan
02/24/2007, 03:16 AM
I have a S. haddoni(carpet), and a E. quadricolor(bta) in my 55g. Just try and keep some distance in between them.

Frick-n-Frags
02/24/2007, 08:52 AM
this is where it helps to know your players. Certain anemones can burn the crap out of other ones and certain ones play nice

like a condylactis and a big green carpet could have issues when they touched. I actually would be curious to see this fight. :D both are good sticky anemones. (my green carpet I used to have ate the entire med size fishnet I had. Once he grabbed it with a million little green tentacles, I had to just leave it until the next morning = the netting was gross :D)

RBTA's and many long tentacles are much more peaceful

Also, some move around a lot until they find a place they like (IMO ritteri's nevr find the place they like :D) and those can cause trouble, whereas some stay put(flower anemones)

these are those things you have to try, and monitor closely, but many people have multiple anemones so it isn't that big of a deal.