PDA

View Full Version : super glue gel

msblk
02/24/2007, 08:41 AM
Have been reading alot of post reg: the use of super glue gel,does this stuff work on a stalk of xenia, cann"t seem to understand how it would work on a piece of damp tissue, also does it get into the water colum and affect the tank water.I would like to take one stall of xenia and try it,but to be honest i"m very scared,for the first time

Rockitmakr
02/24/2007, 09:22 AM
When fragging Xenia you want to use a rubber band or toothpick to attach it to the rock. after a couple of days, remove the band or pick, that is it!
:beer:

msblk
02/24/2007, 09:28 AM
Thankyou very much,i my try it

DiViNeLeFT
02/24/2007, 10:59 AM
the method i use for xenia is placing a piece of rubble next to the main colony and in a few days the stalk usually will move up onto the rubble and ill slice it from the main colony with a razor blade.

reefdna
02/24/2007, 07:49 PM
I pull the rock and xenia out of the water, dry off the foot and rock, and super glue it. I have found that the faster it feels secured the faster it will spread. However I have also used both previously mentioned methods with success. It's all preference! Good Luck. Oh and I usually wait about 5 minutes unti l the glue is dry to place it back into the tank.