PDA

View Full Version : Which coral for 6 gal Eclipse Nano?

stagger19
02/24/2007, 08:45 PM
Hi, I have a 6 gallon Eclipse tank with 36 Watt 50/50 light over the tank. The live rock is fully cycled, and all the params are where they should be.

Im looking to get started on some coral but dont know which is best suited for this size tank?

I like zoo's but Im skeptical on the poison they emit. I see these are very popular, should I really be conserned about the pathotoxin they can emit?

I also like Mushrooms, but will they get too big for this 6 gallon?

Any suggestions what I should start with, and where to order online would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

FunkieReefJunkie
02/24/2007, 08:57 PM
With that little light the ones you have suggested are all you should stick to. Maybe a little leather at the top. The only concern you should have about the toxins is not to get it in your mouth or eyes!

Don't click on my little red house. There may be pretty pictures and videos.

rodgod20
02/24/2007, 09:33 PM
In my six i have zoos, gsp, kenya tree, mushrooms and a raplidly growing blastomusa welslie.

Been good so far. And remember only 1 fish! May I suggest a clown. Be on top of water changes as well.

Mine's been running for about a year. Hopefully in the next 6 weeks it will grow into a 65!

Primeval
03/18/2007, 12:23 AM
would you guys happen to know a good retro that I could fit into my eclipse 3?

so far I have just found the 18watt from corallife

rodgod20
03/18/2007, 09:00 AM
there wouldn't be much of a retrofit kits out there for 3G, but there are some hqi hang over the tank light out there