PDA

View Full Version : Xenia help please (pics coming)

o2zen
02/25/2007, 11:44 PM
Question for you all.

My Xenia used to be big and fluffy, pulsing very quickly, fully extended.

Now they are shrunken up, the bases seem enlongated compared to before. Now they also seem to be spreading and I was wondering if thye go through this type of transformation while spreading or if my water is bad.

I have tested everything in my tank to perfect levels so unless something else I am not testing is going on I am not sure why they are looking so different. They are barely pulsing and the tips are about 1/10th the length they used to be.

The rest of the tank is doing wonderful and these have been very happy, pulsing, beautiful Xenia for about two months now so its not a new addition.

Thanks

sharky_steve
02/26/2007, 12:09 PM
need more info: what type of lighting? what fish species are present? do you suppliment?

zoomfish1
02/26/2007, 12:47 PM
I wish I could help more, but a dose of iodine may help. They don't need perfect water to thrive and probably do better with a bit of nitrate in the water column.

Check my new thread for the opposite end of that spectrum.

specialreef
02/26/2007, 01:37 PM
how long has that been happenning for?

Isnt it normal behavior for them to shrink in from time to time? I read that if they keep up a behavior as such for longer than a day or two ,then one should be concerned.

I hope im right but mine does that from time to time.The first time it was because of too much flow,other times its just how it feels.Normal.

addicted_2_reef
02/28/2007, 05:32 PM
I have the same exact thing going on im my tank. They are really small and lifeless. I can't figure it out. Nothing has changed in my tank. This has been going on for weeks now. There is a very small "sprout" on the same rock that looks fine. I can't figure it out. Some people say for some they are easy to keep and really hard for others.... no reason for it.
I hope its just a passing thing.