PDA

View Full Version : How to Catch and Remove Peppermint Shrimp???

Cshradr7
02/26/2007, 10:22 AM
I need some ideas on how to catch and remove my peppermint shrimp from my 30g display. Last night i woke up around 1am and found my frogspawn all closed up with the peppermint sitting on top of it. Damage doesn't look too bad as of now but i don't want to let them do it again.

Thank you
Colin

osteor10
02/26/2007, 11:33 AM
my friend's peppermint walks right up to his hand and jumps on. might wanna give that a try.

funkyman
02/26/2007, 11:39 AM
Put a tall glass with smooth sides in the tank with some mysis or something in it. As nosey as those buggers are, he should head right in in no time. I don't think he'll be able to make his way back out with the smooth sides.

zooty
02/26/2007, 12:01 PM
The glass might work but can't shrimp swim? They do live in water.

Anyway, if I hold a piece of food they will walk right onto my hand.

Also if he was just standing on the frogspawn, that shouldn't hurt. My shrimp step on all the corals in my tank

CaptRon
02/26/2007, 12:05 PM
I've used this idea to catch a lot of fish. Should work with shrimp as well. You can use a smaller bottle.

EASY LITTLE FISH CATCHER (http://www.instructables.com/id/EGONXAG4MBEP287OP0/)

barbra
02/26/2007, 12:25 PM
The jar thing won't work as atrap because they can just swim right back out, they're pretty smart. Entice one to your hand, you shouldn't even need food to do so, and scoop it up with a jar or cup, they can get stuck in nets and can be hard to remove.