PDA

View Full Version : new fish!

AR16
02/26/2007, 02:42 PM
At last I am getting my new fish for my 29 gallon. I am getting a gold stripe maroon and a royal gramma. The maroon has been at my lfs for 2 months, and it has shared at "cube" with this royal gramma for almost 2 weeks. In the next year I will be setting up a 55 gallon tank which they will move into.

My question is this, when I acclimate them, should I put one or the other in first, or should they go in at the same time?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

zach0660
02/26/2007, 07:08 PM
I dont think it really matters.

DylanE
02/26/2007, 09:10 PM
if its guna be within a few days i dont think it will matter much, but if more time than that will pass, then id do the RG first, as maroons are infamously mean.

xravenzx
02/26/2007, 10:15 PM
I agree, if at the same time, I don't foresee it being a problem. I have a gold stripe maroon which has been relatively peaceful to all other tank inhabitants... as long as they stay away from his anemone...

AR16
02/27/2007, 03:03 PM
Alright, thanks for the feedback, I will not worry about putting them in together.
Considering how territorial both can be, I am hoping they will each pick their half of the tank and ignore each other. That, of course is my best case scenario : )

xxseawolf
02/27/2007, 04:40 PM
make sure you have sone hiding places for your RG. i have a gold stripe maroon in my 55G for 6 months and have had no problems with other fish. she jumps back and forth between her sebae anemone and haitian anemone.