PDA

View Full Version : Does my GenX PCX 55 need regular maintenance?

Rhodesholar
02/26/2007, 03:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if there is maintenance I should be doing on my GenX PCX 55 pump? I do clean the air intakes monthly. Should I be cleaning the impeller say every 6 months or something? Anyone know? I don't recall reading anything on it in the manual.

Thanks

Hop
02/26/2007, 04:17 PM
I turn the pump off and clean the fan area and holes once a month. About every 4-6 months I take it out and completely clean the pump thoroughly...

Rhodesholar
02/26/2007, 04:20 PM
Hop,

Do you open it up and clean the impeller? I was wondering because it looks like a PIA but if it has to be done so be it. I have some salt creep I need to address and will need to take the pump out of the bulkead anyway, so I was wondering if the performance may have declined since I have never cleaned the impeller assembly.'

I am also concerned about taking it apart and running into a problem, so i am looking for those who have been there and done that.

Thanks

SDguy
02/26/2007, 04:33 PM
I just took mine apart after it sucked in a bunch of tubing from my autotopoff :( It's really no big deal, really easy to take apart and put back together. No leak problems either. You do need a socket wrench though...

Hop
02/26/2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, it's easy. Once you open it up, you can see that there is not much to the cleaning process:) They get caked in there with slime, but it only takes a few minutes to get the few parts cleaned and get the pump back in service.

Rhodesholar
02/26/2007, 08:38 PM
Slime eh? That has to effect flow! :D

Thanks guys. I am going in!