PDA

View Full Version : Plumber Help for RO/DI

CSS Reef
02/26/2007, 04:27 PM
I currently have my RO/DI running in my garage temprarily while curing rock for my main system. The plan is to eventually move the unit in my cabinet for an autotopoff. The problelm I have is the only access to supply water is from 1" unused sprinkler pipe opposite the wall behind my tank. My problem is not hooking up to the PVC pipe. My problem is the water pressure is not pressure regulated (street pressure on my sprinklers). Does anyone know how much pressure a 75 GPD Typhoon III can take? Also any ideas to regulate the water pressure from 1" PVC pipe.

To describe what is there now.......Imagine a 1" PVC pipe sticking straight out of the ground vertically with a pipe cap (Used to be a control valve for the sprinkler and is no longer used, just so happens to be in the perfect spot behind my tank wall). Any help would be great!

rbursek
02/26/2007, 10:53 PM
Most municipal water systems are 60 to 80 psi. If in fact I understood your water supply for the sprikler system is the same as your normal water supply for house hold use. If you think it may be higher install a throttle valve, NOT A GATE, GLOBE, OR BALL VALVE, they are a straight thru water flow, a throttle valve has an enternal weir that the water has to pass over and you can control flow, also if it is a concern get a preasure gauge to install on the line so you can monitor it when running your unit.
Bob

rbursek
02/26/2007, 11:04 PM
Forgot to tell you, my "FRIEND" who turned me on to this cheap and easy hoppy LOL travels alot, he is a engineer, his whole system is automatit for when he is travelling for bussines, he has an auto top off, the down side is DI/RO systems filter/cartriges last longer with long runs of water flow compared to short runs of on and off flows as in a auto top off, just some FYI, but it is the price he has to pay, being gone alot.
Bob