PDA

View Full Version : Keyna Tree Coral

drblacklab
02/26/2007, 06:17 PM
I purchased a keyna tree coral on Saturday from the store that I buy from all of the time. High quality corals and fish never had any problems. When I put it in the tank I noticed that the rock it was attached to was broken and the coral was attached to only a very small piece of the rock. i placed the coral in a medium light med to high flow area and it has been slumped over the whole time.

My tank is a 90 gallon with 6 54w t-5s and a mag 15 giving the tank plenty of flow . I checked the water and it is fine. In addition my Gonoporia, frog spawn, brains, anenomes and fish are all doing fine. Any idea if this coral is dead, or if it will attach to another piece of rock, or if I should move to another location.

I have not been back to the store as I am only able to get there 1x per week because I travel for work quite a bit. Any help is greatly appreciated

zoomfish1
02/26/2007, 06:50 PM
More thasn likely, it is acclimating to your tank. Could be water, could be lights or placement, but it has to acclimate itself to it's new home.

NanoReefWanabe
02/27/2007, 08:47 PM
i put my kenya tree in my tank 2 weeks ago..it has reattached to a rock and is standing (finally) but the polyps still havent come out yet...

mine was limped over for about three days...

mine seems to really like high flow and moderate light..but until the polyps come out i guess i am not the one to listen too...LOL

sir_dudeguy
02/27/2007, 09:39 PM
could be the flow. I find that mine wont stand up w/out good enough flow, but seeing as you just added it, i'd leave it be for a while first.

TarheelFrag
02/28/2007, 05:24 PM
I had to move mine last week to catch a pita tang! I placed it back in about the same flow/light conditions and it still has not "stood" back up yet. I had the same thing happen to my toadstoll but I got tired of looking at it laying down on the rock..... let's just say that it met the razor blade yesterday!

drblacklab
02/28/2007, 10:36 PM
thanks for all the advice but it didnt make it I removed it tonight. Good news I spoke with the guy who sold it to me and he is going to replace it this weekend. I will let you know how that goes