PDA

View Full Version : In need of help!! Worms!

bnedelsky
02/26/2007, 10:34 PM
While stareing at the tank today a found a new item.Worms, there are small fine like a hair and they seamed to be pulling a crab moat shell under the rock .when I looked closer under a area that was dark I saw what looked like stringy fish dung.Sat and watched for awhile .They all seemed to be moving no matter current .I scooped up a few and tried to take a pic but so small they would not show.

They seemed to be a light brown very thin and hair like with a darker spot every so often.

please help what are they and how to rid!!
brian

I am running a 90 gallon with some zoas,mushrooms,gsp,pinkstarpolyps,crater coral,blastmussa

bnedelsky
02/26/2007, 11:01 PM
Is it possable that they are feather duster babies. Did have 2 disappear lately and when I scooped up the casing these look like what was inside the casing when it fell apart.

every thing looks healthy and is doing well
please any info would help

Gimplar
02/26/2007, 11:22 PM
sound like speghettii worms to me, i have alot of them in my 30 gal, they're harmless and will eat stuff off the bottom, no threat to anything really.

bnedelsky
02/27/2007, 12:10 AM
After watching my tank for a while after the lights went down I think they are speghettii worms.They seem to be clustered in a few spots . Are they really harmless and how fast can they multiply .

can you get rid of them?

thanks for the help guys .

I was really freaking!

Peter Eichler
02/27/2007, 01:22 AM
You can get rid of them by sending them to me, I'll gladly pay shipping ;)