PDA

View Full Version : lugol's iodine or furan-2 or both?

killingseed
02/27/2007, 01:49 PM
i think working on dipping my zoo's i have seen info on the furan-2 and lugol's iodine.

i am at the point where i have a couple question.

the main question is are those two items used for the same thing or two differnt cures.

i have white like spots on some one set of zoo's and they have been doing well , so i tohught i try dipping. but wasnt sure if those two thing where related.

thanks

zolovinglover
02/27/2007, 03:26 PM
Most importantly, none of these are considered a cure, you have some chance that it will help, but don't count on it.

The white spots tend to go away after awhile, assuming they don't kill the zos. I'd be much more adament about finding the reason in your tank for the white spots.

killingseed
02/27/2007, 03:58 PM
wasnt looking for a cure ofr anything more like a proventive messure.
i have read alot about people dipping their zoo's thoughtif anything i would look in to doing to. if anythin help remove unwanted pests that may indure the growth of my zoo's

AIMFish
02/27/2007, 05:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9350756#post9350756 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by killingseed
...i have read alot about people dipping their zoo's thoughtif anything i would look in to doing to. if..... The first two posts, stickies at the top of the forum, will be very helpful. One is about dipping and the other about white spots.