PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Comline DOC skimmer 9010 and the microbubbles that it produce

CyberGuy
02/27/2007, 06:28 PM
Does anyone that owns a Tunze Comline DOC skimmer 9010 here have problems with the microbubbles that leak back to the display tank?

The blue sponge is not helping much with the microbubbles....and I have a pretty long (36") sump too.

crumbletop
02/27/2007, 08:07 PM
I don't have any problems at all with microbubbles. I plugged the hole in the back of the skimmer. You shouldn't do that if it is in tank mode, but it is fine to do that if it is configured for in-sump mode with the riser tube attached. Try that -- you might just eliminate the bubbles. Also, do you have any bubble traps between the sump and the return pump?

CyberGuy
02/27/2007, 08:45 PM
I have the skimmer in the sump. I did not know about the possibility to plug up the hole in the back to get rid of the bubbles. I will try it.

Also, I don't have baffles in my sump but my sump is long (36") and it has 3 compartments with the middle being the refugium so there it does prevent some microbubbles from entering the last compartment where the return pump resides.

kodyboy
02/27/2007, 09:07 PM
How long have you had your skimmer on your tank? It took about a week, but my skimmer stopped producing any appreciable microbubbles then. In addition make sure that you have the foam pad on the riser tube just a little below the top.

CyberGuy
02/28/2007, 01:08 AM
I only turned on my DOC skimmer for just about 1 hour. It is practically brand new.

skimmy
02/28/2007, 01:46 AM
it will take any skimmer about a week to start acting the way it's going to act nornally.....
be patient