PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer help

Blackacid
02/27/2007, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone. I just got my Euro-Reef RS-80 (Promo) skimmer today and proceeded to set it up in my soon to be 20g-long sump. I've never setup a skimmer before so please excuse the extreme ignorance. I did, however, make a point to RTFM at least once. ;)

First thing I'm not clear on is what they mean by water level. Is this talking about the water level within the skimmer itself, or the water in the tank?

When things are running properly what should everything look like... Like, where should the bubbles be rising to on average? Would a picture of what it currently looks like help?

jer77
02/27/2007, 07:00 PM
When they say the water level needs to be a certain height they are taking about the water level in the tank. It should stay constant at this level for optimal skimming.

The bubbles should be rising to or the middle of the inner tube in the collection cup.

Blackacid
02/28/2007, 07:15 AM
If I let it sit for about an hour, it will start overflowing into the collection cup. This is turning out to be much trickier than I initially suspected.

Puffdragon
02/28/2007, 09:17 AM
Back offf on the level a little bit then adjust back up a little bit at a time. The word patience comes up a lot in this hobby.