PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Mac club trip

Gordonious
02/28/2007, 06:32 PM
It seems as if many of us who wanted to attend the last trip to Dr. Mac's were not able to and there is several new people to the club since then as well. I wanted to get an idea of how many people were interested and what dates might work. If there is enough interest we'll get the president of the club to talk with Dr. Mac and the crew down there and see if we can work something out.

How does Saturday March 24th sound? It seems as if most of us prefer the weekends and that is the week after That Pet Place's big sale, so no one will miss that.

Jon

RBTA
02/28/2007, 06:46 PM
I'm in, better start saving now XD.

gillianandjoe
02/28/2007, 08:32 PM
Whatever date works for you all is fine with me. Just LMK

a1amap
02/28/2007, 09:15 PM
I work the 24th but may be able to switch.
Al

cdangel0
02/28/2007, 09:28 PM
I would be available in the afternoon but my wife will have to work in the morning, so I'm stuck with the kids again.

But I definitely want to go. I'll even offer to drive again.

Gordonious
02/28/2007, 10:37 PM
cdangel0, does she work every Sat. though? Dr. Mac's isn't open on Sunday usually and I doubt we would be able to find a week day everyone could work with. I forget what time the last trip left at.

cdangel0
03/01/2007, 07:43 AM
She always works the last Saturday of the month. Is usually home by 11 or 12 so if we can plan for the afternoon that would be perfect.

If not can I give someone a shopping list and some cash?

firecrackerbob
03/01/2007, 07:55 AM
really want to check out Dr Macs, but I will probably be broke after the TPP sale and I might have to work that day as well. count me as a maybe, but would be beter to wait till april for me...

Gordonious
03/01/2007, 08:57 AM
cdangel0 I don't think 11 or 12 is that late in the day, it might be possible. If you can't make it I'll be more then happy to pick you up some stuff.

firecrackerbob sorry to hear, I hope you can come. If anyone can understand the broke part...

kaptken
03/01/2007, 04:40 PM
the store opens at 11 on saturdays and it's about a 2 hour ride down there, being careful to mind the speed limits and traps down that way. so we left about 9:30 last time and arrived at 11:30.

I just checked with Dr. Mac and he may be out of town one weekend sometime in the next few weeks. date TBD. The store will still be open, and all are welcome, but to see the Doc, we will have to keep in touch with his schedule. He usually posts on his website when he goes shopping for goodies on the west coast.

Tbor
03/02/2007, 11:01 AM
Hey All, Ken, thanks for getting in touch with them. If you could take the lead on this one I would really appreciate it, I am up to my eyeballs in prepping my house to sell. :(
Since everyone at Dr. Macs is always so nice to us and really goes out of their way with feeding us and discounts, and everything, I really don't want to put them out by requesting a lot of seperate tours for small groups. Last time IIRC, we had less than 10 people go down, and that is a pretty disappointing turnout. So let's make an effort to get a bigger group, and if that means scheduling way in advance than that's what we should do. We can also try to get some members of other area clubs to come down as well, once we pick a date. SV-Sea, PARC, etc. may be interested even though it is a longer trip for them.
-Mary

Gordonious
03/02/2007, 05:14 PM
Perhaps the best way to do it would be to set up a vote on here for a date. Give about 5-6 choices, let people vote for more then one date and see which date works best for the most people? I realize last time there were lots of time conflicts and that's why I tried to get people to post.

Jon

Gordonious
03/02/2007, 05:16 PM
There is fish again! The fish category is still not listed on the index, but if you click on specials he has several fish listed.

kaptken
03/02/2007, 09:37 PM
Yoh-K Mary. My organizational skills have gone to seed, like my brain, but lets give it a try, so far i only hear 3 people for the 24th. this doesnt have to be a big deal or anything. just some members pooling together. the doc has some usual walk in specials which we got last time. stock depending of course.

any others for the 24th or is that too soon after buying all those supplies at TFP? right now I'm pretty saturated, what with the last bunch of frags i bought in the december Doc trip and consolidating some tanks.

anyone looking for a load of rock or stuff like that?

tom-annette
03/05/2007, 08:35 AM
Sorry folks, I can not make the trip on 3/24/07. DCAS is having thier annual auction. I am committed to assisting the club all day.

Any one intersted in some new & used stuff go to www.DCAS.us for details.

Tbor
03/07/2007, 08:48 AM
Ken, do you know what days the doc will be in? A poll would be good for whatever days he is around. I'm probably out for anything before mid-April.

kaptken
03/07/2007, 12:16 PM
No I dont know right now. haven't seen a post on his site. so i will have to call and see if his schedule has firmed up. I've been distracted with some doctor appointments lately. and i need some new tires too.

right now 24th can only draw 3 people.

RBTA
03/07/2007, 02:17 PM
and I dont think I can make the 24th anymore, I might be going to a concert in Allentown, which isn't exactly in the same direction haha.

kaptken
03/07/2007, 05:15 PM
Yoh-K, I make a call and look at some other dates. a bit later i suppose.

Gordonious
03/07/2007, 05:20 PM
If we put up a survey with 4-5 dates on it and allowed people to vote multiple times and then asked them to post which days they were voting for we could get an idea when most people could go. If the doc is gone on the day most people can go then we go to the second most popular day.

Tbor
03/08/2007, 05:20 PM
Vote here (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1066593)