PDA

View Full Version : Question About My Light Fixture

elad
03/01/2007, 06:03 AM
Hi all and good evening to all.

I was wondering if any of my fellow aquaria nuts know were to get info for
HELIOS PC LIGHT FIXTURES because My 48" helios pc transformer caught fire so I need to know either how to fix it or if anyone knows the website for helios.

2 actinics and 2 10K pc lights 2 switches one works the front half
and the 2nd runs the back half there is about 6 wires 2black,2white,1blue,1brown per transformer and 1green ground wire ok hope this helps

I bought it 4 or so years ago and it works great the one side still works but the other side is burnt out.

I went to litonmor on old innes and they said I needed 2 wh5 $85 ea ballest to get it to work others have said you just need one so I am stuck with a very nice fixture but it only half works any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks to all who reply and I hope we can get it to work cause it cost like $450 $500 bucks 4 years ago.

Thank you and

cheers

bertoni
03/01/2007, 12:37 PM
I think you should only need one ballast, although I'd probably replace the fixture, given that it caught fire. You could try in the DIY forum with this question. They're more likely to know what ballast is required, etc.

elad
03/01/2007, 12:49 PM
hey all thanks for the info but keep them coming the more info I have the more info I could give later.

Icefire
03/01/2007, 01:34 PM
wh5 ballast @ 85$? they worth less than 30$ online.