PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Ideas

elad
03/01/2007, 06:08 AM
Hi and Good Day All !!!!!!!

I would like to hear everyones ideas about what type of sumps they would run for 3 90 g tanks.

I would also like to hear everyones ideas on wht type of lighting they would use for there tanks if they were this size.

I would love to hear everyones ideas and options please feel free to explain what you would do and why you would do it.

Cause I will need this info when I go to set these tanks up and I would like to set them up cost effectivly and most efficiant.

So all of you Holla your ideas please I NEED IDEAS AND INFO.

Thanks and CHEERS TO ALL

Frick-n-Frags
03/01/2007, 06:18 AM
for 3 on the same system, I would say min of maybe 75 gallons,
and make sure you have capacity to account for the drain down of all 3 tanks when you stop the main return pump.

separate tanks, whatever 20-30 gallons per, minimum, but more doesn't hurt.

elad
03/01/2007, 12:52 PM
hey all thanks for the info but keep them coming the more info I have the more info I could give later.

techigirl78
03/01/2007, 01:19 PM
I'd probably use a 300 gallon rubbermaid container for that system as a sump.

If it were me, I would have one tank with MH/T5 lighting, one with 6-8 T5 setup, and one with 4-6 T5 setup. This would provide an environment to have many types of corals and meet each of their basic needs without going overboard on overall electrical use of the system.

At this point, do you know what type of animals you are interested in keeping? Do you want all 3 systems to be reefs? Do you just have 3 90 gallon tanks that you want to utilize? There are many anwers to your questions and many of the answers depend on what you would like to keep.

Honestly, if this was me, I would rather have 1 90 & a 180, or a 240 gallon main. Just because I like a lot of the larger tangs, triggers, puffers, etc. and you are slighly limited when it comes to the fish you can keep in a 90. This may or may not matter to you though based on what you would like to keep.