PDA

View Full Version : 1/10 HP Aquarium Pacific Coast Water Chiller. Good chiller? Preparing for Summer.

MarineGirl411
03/02/2007, 04:32 AM
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a chiller in the summer time. I have a 65 gallon total water volume system. 40 main display. I have a couple of questions. What would be a good model for me? Is this a good model, 1/10 HP Aquarium Pacific Coast Water Chiller? I need \
something quiet and low on consumption if possible. Right now I have 2 large 4 in fans in my canopy, plus another smaller 4 in fan. The temps just right now can raise up to 79*. I need to prepare for summer. Hottest temp last year was 100. I only have a small air conditioner window unit. I don't know if that would benefit the tank by using it or buying a chiller. Also, I don't know what would cost more?! Anyone have any advice? Thank you. It is greatly appreciated. :wave:

PrangeWay
03/02/2007, 09:22 AM
I run this on my SPS tank 50gallon/15gallon sump. I wouldn't say it's quiet, but it's quieter than my tv or comptuer/360. It is pretty low power consumption though, I haven't noticed my bill substantially increase when I use it in the summer, and I'm in Texas. Just make sure you have a good return pump that's is still going to put our 400gph+ with chiller connected, otherwise it cycles to much if there isn't alot of water flow.

PW

MarineGirl411
03/02/2007, 04:09 PM
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. So what pump would you recommend using it with? Do you connect the pump with vinyl tubing then run it to the chiller, then take more tubing that then goes back into the sump? Sorry, that sounds really stupid. I don't know how else to word it. If you have a picture of how you connected it, that might be best. Let me know! Thank you. =) So it's pretty loud?