PDA

View Full Version : H. Tanaka can you id this fairy plz

wrasseguy2
03/02/2007, 05:06 PM
i got this fairy a few weeks ago it was sold as an ast. fairy..i think it might be a temmincki fairy wrasse..just wanted to get you thoughts on this..i have a new pic that is a little better just got to get around to uploading it...but it has a yellow line that goes down the whold body like the blue one does and its color where the blue is has really got bright..and its body has turned a little more red..well here is the pic and thanks for any input on this.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/526/131149temmincki.jpg

SitBackAndWatch
03/02/2007, 05:27 PM
I would say it is hard to determine what kind of fairy it is, without seeing the new picture.

I dont think it is a C. Temmincki, it doesnt seem to have any green on its stomach. Possibly a C. joanallenae (male) if the new pic shows a better yellow line.

Try to get the updated pic up. that will help with the determination of what this fish is.

wrasseguy2
03/02/2007, 05:43 PM
i am pretty sure that is not a joanallenae...i have a mated pair of them and they look nothing like that of course i know that some fairys have a wide range of colors

H.Tanaka
03/02/2007, 11:26 PM
All Guys,

It is a C. temmienckii female still with a faint black spot on caudal peduncle. Both males of temminckii and joanallenae have very long pelvic fins.

wrasseguy2
03/03/2007, 10:20 AM
thank you Tanaka.. i guess i would want a male for it...can you tell from the pic which group of temmienckii it is from?