PDA

View Full Version : Multi Controller

Jim_S
03/02/2007, 08:27 PM
Hello. I recieved my TS24 kit today.

I really like the pumps and the controller; however, I am extremely disappointed with the mounting kit for my 7095

It uses some kind of sticky tape? Or my other option is velcro?

The sticky part of the velcro came right off my wooden stand, so I can't use this.

And the other mount uses tape to connect it to the bracket?? I spent close to a grand on these things. There isn't a more "functional" way to mount this thing? Maybe like the drivers?

Does Tunze sell an additional kit or something? I can't see this tape lasting for much longer than 6 months.

Please let me know :)

Jim

rvitko
03/02/2007, 08:48 PM
The sticky tape was too mount the clip to the controller, the clip goes onto the bracket that was to be screwed onto a wall or the stand. This mount is very solid, I am not a big fan of the velcro though. I have heavy duty "velcro" material we have been experimenting with that I could send you.

Jim_S
03/02/2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!!!

My problem was that that velcro would not stick to the wood on my stand.

I stuck the white tape to the back of the clip, and hung the controller to the bracket. However, I don't think the tape will last long.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jimdogg187/Tunze%206100%20set/DSCF3650.jpg

I was hoping that you guys had like a bracket mount or something.

Do you think the heavy duty velcro will will stick to the back of the door any better than the regular velco?

Thanks again :)

Jim

cjgalante
03/02/2007, 09:30 PM
What I ddid was put the velcro on the backside of the door then used a staple gun to secure it!

Chris

Jim_S
03/02/2007, 09:38 PM
Great Idea.

It actually just fell off. I heard a crash in the other room and was like.......... arghhhh

See, Because of the thin birch I used to make the doors on my stand, I had to mount the bracket on the outside edge of the stand (where the trim is thick enough to drill). As a result, I had to use the sticky tape on the side of the controller, not the center. Because it wasn't centered, the weight on the other side of the controller pulled it off :(

I think I have it figured out to what I'll wind up doing.

I'll take a piece of acrylic and screw it into the back of the door, around the outside trim. Then get some new velcro from the hardware store and stick it to the acrylic.

We'll see.

I'm just bummed that there's no holes to mount the thing with, and no bracket assembly either.

Pumps are sweet though!!!

Jim

rvitko
03/02/2007, 10:06 PM
That TESA double sided tape is virtually permanent in my experience. I have the multicontroller, pH and Temp controller mounted that way. TESA actually invented tape, it was an accident, they made a bandage and it pulled peoples skin off. If you can't get anywhere I can send another TESA or I can send this velcro stuff it is rated to hold 60 lbs.

Jim_S
03/02/2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the help!!! :thumbsup:

You are truley a great help!! Great product support, and the main reason I went with the Tunze brand.

I think I'm gonna try to set it up the way I described. It should mount okay that way.

If it doesn't, I might take you up on that offer :)

Cheers,

Jim