PDA

View Full Version : Stressed Tree?

Jorgens
03/03/2007, 08:22 AM
How long does it usually take for a kenya tree to "un-strees" itself. I brought home from the LFS on WED. Acclimated for an hour or so. Put it in good flow. I have higher lighting thatn the LFS did but i covered his spot to help acclimate to the light. Parameters are all in check wiht trAtes at 25. Doing WC's to bring it back down.

temp 80
alk 11/calc 440

3x250w 10k MH 4x96w PC actinic

thoughts?

I also have an evergreen starburst polyp that hasen't opened up yet either.

My xenias are still pulsing away.

and the corals i brought home look more like frags then captured colonies.....

sir_dudeguy
03/03/2007, 10:56 AM
Parameters are all in check wiht trAtes at 25.

well nitrates at 25 isnt exactly "in check" as you put it. Keep up w/the small water changes maybe once a week to see if they go down. If not, what water are you using? tap, or RO?

How strong of flow do you have the kenya in? Mine grow bigger when they're in just average flow, not anything real strong. When they're in stronger flow, mine always stay shorter but spread out wider (like a bush)

Jorgens
03/03/2007, 03:52 PM
i'd say average flow. I use RO water and just got a trate spike from redecorating. Kicked up some trapped detritus. Normally, not counting this past week, trAtes are 5 ish. I added some trace elements as per a few other threads and 2 polyps started peaking out. I'm not sure if it was the idoine in there or what or if it's just coincindental but it seems to suddenly be perking up.