PDA

View Full Version : pulsins xinea

stephen sykes
03/04/2007, 06:44 AM
hi dudes. the lights just came on in my nano and a bit of the p/x has i think 'come off' and fell right from the top of the tank and is now on a rock at the bottom of the tank. it's small with about 15 heads on it and is pulsing. is this quite normal?

Purple Penguins
03/04/2007, 08:07 AM
it happend to mine, what i did was lightly tie mine down to my live rock with fishing line not to tight to cut anything off and in 24 hours mine reattached itself

Illuminati
03/04/2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah I've had it happen to.

With softies you can either use the fishing line through the stalk method, super glue gel or mesh until it attatches.

If your xenia is small it might be hard to get a piece of fishing line through the stalk.

Here's a picture

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/colinadam/tank0303070081.jpg

It's of a green sinularia that I superglued to a bit of live rock rubble and then wrappped mesh around it so if it does come lose it cannot come free and get lost. Working so far.

herostar
03/04/2007, 01:42 PM
If you're talking about some of the pulsing heads falling off of the colony to the bottom of the tank, then that's ok. Its just another way the xenia reproduces. I had this happen in my tank. I just sucked them up w/ a turkey baster and flushed it b/c I dont' want that stuff taking over my tank... As long as the original colony is OK you should be fine.

truk
03/04/2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that will happen. Just be careful because Xenia spreads like a weed. It will take over whereever it starts growing.