PDA

View Full Version : just set up my fuge....WHITEOUT!

mfh_anderson
03/04/2007, 03:34 PM
Just completed my DIY fuge. Moved my skimmer, and heater to fuge. Im using a CPR CS102 hang on back to siphon the water out (super quiet!) and returning it with return sump rated for 581gph.

I have came out of the fuge with 1inch pvc and came up and over the back of the tank and then down to the water line where i split with a tee reducing down to 1/2 inch coming out the sides. Then i ran about 15 inches of 1/2inch line and capped the ends. I drilled about 24 holes alternating between down and out.

Water flow looks amazing, but...When i turned it on, it completely whited out my tank!!!! my fuge is starting to clear up.

So how long till my tank clears up? any thing i can do or need to. 55 gallon tank

boxfishpooalot
03/04/2007, 04:43 PM
Is air bubbles in your tank? I dont understand. :)

jdieck
03/04/2007, 05:00 PM
Bubbles or sand?
If bubbles look for leaks or cavitation (although I doubt cavitation given the 1/2" outlets)
If sand, you may need to redirect the flow, if the tank is new you may need to wait for the sand to get some bacteria or if you are using oolitic sand you may need to add a layer of Special grade reef sand whose grains are a bit larger.

z_rivers
03/04/2007, 05:01 PM
was it sand in your fuge that was stirred up? if so it should clear up in a day or 2.