PDA

View Full Version : Premium Large Corals

bjkramer
03/04/2007, 04:43 PM
Anyone know a good online source for large premium quality corals? Most lfs and online stores sell standard smaller stuff. There's one store locally that sells amazing quality and size corals, everything in the place is beautiful but pricey. Is there a place online that sells stuff like this? Example are large torch corals (6-12 inches in diameter), yellow leather 6+ inches vs. the typical 2-3 inch stuff you see. I wonder why a majority of stores don't carry the really nice stuff like this.

xcreonx
03/04/2007, 04:48 PM
reefermadness.us has lots of big show pieces in the hand-picked section.

liveaquaria.com has their "Divers Den" with many beautiful pieces.

Check the sponsors link at the top of the page for many more.

DSMpunk
03/04/2007, 05:44 PM
Big pieces dont ship as easily as smaller colonies, they tend to break apart and they need a lot more water in the bags, hence higher shipping costs as well.

I actually like buying small frags and watching them grow into big colonies, but that's just me. :)

xcreonx
03/04/2007, 07:11 PM
I agree with DSMpunk, big pieces aren't the easitest to buy online. I prefer frags or small pieces as well.

bjkramer
03/04/2007, 08:33 PM
I just prefer quality stuff and at least locally, a lot of the smaller stuff looks half dead, whereas the large stuff at this one shop, looks unbelievable.

thirst
03/04/2007, 08:43 PM
might be why it's a bit pricey. It's getting harder and harder to find nice stuff at a cheap price these days.

gstuman
03/04/2007, 11:24 PM
I'll second reefermadness.us. I have had excellent luck with them and they really have great stuff. It's shipped very well packaged too.

AquaReeferMan
03/05/2007, 01:06 AM
Extreme corals dot com has some nice stuff.